Detectives from the Metropolitan Police investigating the sexual assault of a child are releasing a further image of a man they want to speak to.
Police were called at around 00:20am on Saturday, 23 November to a residential address on The Greenway in Ickenham, following a report that a man had gained entry before sexually assaulting a young boy in a bedroom.
There was no evidence of forced entry. The man fled the scene after the child told him that he would phone the police.
The new image being released was taken from a camera at a local underground station.
Detective Sergeant David Baldwin, from the West Area Command Unit’s Safeguarding team, said: “This is the second appeal we are making to identify this man in connection with our enquiries. I’d like to thank members of the public who have called in so far to help with our investigation, as every piece of information matters.
“We are yet to identify a man we would like to speak to and so hope releasing this further image may help progress enquiries.
“This remains a well-resourced investigation, and the boy and his family continue to receive specialist support. We are not confirming his age in order to protect his identity.
“We know the suspect got on an E7 bus prior to the incident before he then boarded an underground train.
“Whilst incidents such as this are thankfully very rare, I encourage people to ensure that their homes are kept secure at all times and to report anyone acting suspiciously.”
The suspect is described as white, of slim build with short hair and a beard. He was wearing blue jeans, a T-shirt and a dark coloured coat.
There have been no arrests as yet and enquiries continue.
Anyone who recognises the man in the images, or who was in the area at the time, is asked to call police on 101 or contact via Twitter @MetCC. Please quote CAD 145/23NOV.